|No. R. 1385||1 October 2003|
In this Schedule any expression to which a meaning has been assigned by the Telecommunications Act, 1996 (Act No. 103 of 1996) (hereinafter referred to as the Act), shall have the same meaning unless the context otherwise indicates.
Application and Repeal
These regulations apply to Private Telecommunications Network (hereinafter referred to as "PTN") and repeal the Interim Guidelines relating to the manner in which applications shall be made in respect of a licence for PTN, published in notice 1701 of 1997 in Government Gazette No. 18415 of 06 November 1997.
Manner of application
1. An application for a PTN licence shall:
(1) be made to the Authority in writing by completing the application form as set out in Annexure A attached herein;
(2) identify the applicant by providing the following information:
(i) business name and address, the telephone and fax numbers of the applicant, and where applicable, certified copies of all the founding documents of the applicant;
(ii) the full name, address (physical, postal and e-mail) and the telephone number, fax number of each shareholder or member owning shares or having an interest in the applicant;
(3) contain a general description of the service to be provided.
(4) contain a description of all the technical aspects of the network including but not limited to, network diagram, demarcated private properties, points of interconnection with PSTN(s) and the identification of telecommunication facilities provided by PSTN if applicable and any other relevant information.
(5) contain a general description of the geographical area where the service will be provided, including relevant maps.
(6) contain a certified copy of the type-approval certificate issued by the Authority of the telecommunications equipment to be used in respect of any telecommunications equipment to be connected to the public switched telecommunication network.